CRAZY IN LOVE WITH TOFU!!!
Figuring out breakfast for a vegan busy power-couple-family can sound challenging but there are so many plant-based ways to start your day in sparkling star fashion. When one is first transitioning to a plant-based diet, it’s easy to start with something familiar and super tasty. Try out this take on a warm, hearty morning favorite that will take you through to lunch without looking for snacks in between.
Beyonce and JayZ, like all of us, should start our day with a healthy balanced dish that shouts flavor. This recipe also makes a great late night snack or even a light dinner after a long day of touring, composing, shopping, mommy-ing, working your buns off or whatever you spend your glamorous day doing!!
Beyonce & Jay Z Mexican Breakfast Tofu Scramble
- 1 14-16 oz. package of extra firm tofu, drained
- 1/4 cup salsa, medium (or hot if you love spicy)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped kale
- 1/2 cup of white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- tiny pinch of chili powder
- chopped fresh cilantro to garnish and taste
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 mango, cubed
- squeeze of lemon
- 1. In a medium bowl, crumble the tofu
- 2. Add the salsa and set aside
- 3. In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium high heat
- 4. Add the onions, mushrooms, kale and saute until soft and golden, about 5 minutes
- 5. Add the garlic, red peppers and salt and cook about 4 minutes
- 6. Add the tofu mixture and chili powder and cook 5 minutes
- 7. Garnished with cilantro
- 8. Place sliced avocado & cubed mango on the side with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
Will Beyonce & JayZ Be Crazy in Love with Veganism?? We hope so!!
Please note–I’m not condoning the use of fur in this video and song!! No-no!