On the box of Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Bread & Muffin Mix, it proclaims “Just Add Eggs, Oil & Water.” Well, my health-conscious pumpkin-loving friends, we are going to revolutionize this mix and we are not going to add eggs or oil and we will replace some of the water!
If you’re fortunate to have a Trader Joe’s within your reach, you are well aware that this is the season when Joe takes pumpkins to whole new level.
Everything that can be pumpkinized will be pumpkinized (yes, this is a verb)!
A lot of Trader Joe’s items just cannot be veganized but this mix looked like it had potential and my version came out just delicious! And not only did I take out the eggs and oil, but I have improved it by adding ground flaxseed, chia seeds, banana, apple sauce, rolled oats, cashew milk and vegan chocolate chips. The mild pumpkin flavor is still very much present, but there’s more to feel good about with mine!
Trader Joe’s and Vegan American Princess Pumpkin Bread & Muffin
- 1 full package of Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Bread & Muffin Mix
- 1 “flaxseed egg” (put in a small bowl 1 Tablespoon of ground flaxseed and 3 Tablespoons of water, stir and let sit for 2 minutes)
- 1 Tablespoon whole flaxseeds
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of cashew milk
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray lightly a muffin pan with cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine the “flaxseed egg” with the water and the cashew milk and the applesauce.
- Add the mix, the flaxseeds, the chia seeds, the rolled oats and the mashed banana and fold together with a rubber spatula until batter is smooth–about 1 to 2 minutes
- Add in vegan chocolate chips until mixed evenly but without over mixing
- Portion batter into the muffin pan until each is filled 2/3. You may have enough for about 14 muffins, so save the remaining batter for the next batch.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 18 to 20 minutes. Insert toothpick at 18 minutes to check if it comes out clean.
- 30 New Vegan UGG Boot Alternatives: Cruelty-Free and Trendy
- 18 UGG Boot Alternatives: Many Great Styles and Price Levels
- The Truth About UGG Boots
- Multitask with Argan Oil and 3 Great Vegan Beauty Products!
- Endless Summer: 9 Sunless Vegan Products to Stay Bronze This Autumn
- Supergoop! Sunscreen…Non-Toxic and Cruelty-Free!
- Fight Off Wrinkles with Dark Leafy Greens and with Recipes
- Five Vegan Beauty Products to Love
- Tarte Cosmetics: Vegan!
- Shop Beautifully and Save with Vegan American Princess
- Lush…the Fun Farmers Market of Beauty Products
- Vegan Beauty Products: Tried and True
- Vegan American Princess Beauty Product Review
- VAP Beauty Review Urban Decay Naked Cosmetics
- 15 DIY Ways to Use Shea Butter and Shea Butter Products I Love
- Coconut Beauty Products I Love and DIY Ways to Use Coconut Oil
- Vegan Glamour Girls
For more great blog posts: